Girly Bathroom Progress

During our days off this week, we've been chipping away at our daughter's bathroom.  Although we're not finished yet, I thought I'd give an update on the progress:





Below is the $5 shelf/towel bar I found at a garage sale last summer.  Never underestimate the power of white paint!


My daughter and I found the turquoise and white toile fabric at JoAnne's a few days ago.  Our ceilings in this house are quite high, making a normal-sized shower curtain appear too short.  I sewed a ruffle for the bottom of the plain white shower curtain and took it from normal to something special:



I used some leftover fabric to construct her personalized frame, adding an "A" for Amaya, first stenciled and cut out of cardstock, then edged with scalloped scissors:


Tomorrow Mr. Wonderful will be working on finishing the moulding around the mirror, and I hope to prime the vanity and paint the first coat of paint.  Which color, you ask?  Just look at this inspiration:


I can't wait to see how it turns out :-)


Jaimee

Labels: