A Girlie Bathroom

I thought I'd show you a few pictures today of my daughter's bathroom.  We finished it awhile back, but I never got around to posting pictures.

It's definitely a girlie space.


The walls are Sherwin Williams Sea Salt and the shower curtain is from Lowe's; I sewed on the white ruffle from another shower curtain to make it longer.

I found her brightly patterned rug at Target and squealed with delight.  Not only is the texture an old-fashioned type hooked appearance, it has the vanity color in it, the turquoise from the shower curtain, and the green from her wooden shelf all in one darling rug.

I love it when that happens.


I painted the vanity Valspar's Radiant Rose a year ago, inspired by Edie's daughters' room from Life in Grace, and it's holding up beautifully.  I sanded and primed the wood well, then added two coats of latex.  I didn't distress, but sealed with two coats of Minwax Wipe-on Poly.  The vanity still looks brand new, even with a stool bumping into it regularly, tooth brush wars when cousin Mason visits, and the normal wears and tears of an eight year old.

The little green shelf used to be white but I coated it with Behr's Asparagus, distressed, and stained with Minwax Dark Walnut.

No, I do not use it for towels.  It's too darn cute to cover with towels :)


Mr. Mimsy cut and fit the wide moulding around the existing contractor-installed mirror, a simple solution which made a huge difference.


I found these darling pink glass knobs at Blackberry Bog in Homer, AK.  Not the best picture, but you get the idea.



Last but not least, I added the painted wooden letters "JOY" in the space above her shower as a continual reminder to begin each day with a joyful heart ~ something we've been working on lately around here :)


A fun little space for a very fun little girl ~

Happy Weekend!
Jaimee

Labels: , ,