Happy Pink Fall!


For a moment, can we interrupt Sixteen Days of Getting Our Houses in Order to talk about the color pink?

I just picked up the mail and was tickled (wait for it....) pink when I saw the front of the new Ballard Designs catalog.  Have you seen it yet?




And then on page 6, this beautiful chair and ottoman.  In pink.




I don't know about you, but something about this bold pink color reminds me of this ~



And this ~


And this ~




This isn't the first time I've painted or decorated something, only to see within days a similar furniture piece or style.  I like to tell my family I'm ahead of my time.

Truth be told, it's most often coincidental.

Here's a Before of the little pink desk I finished painting last week. Found at a local thrift store, it was pretty beat up and tired-looking, but the the top took stain beautifully, and a good sanding prepped it well for its new pink paint job.  I also spray painted the original handles to freshen them up again.




I think it could hold its own on the pages of Ballard Designs, don't you?  With beautiful Suzanne Kasler perched on its corner?



 The pink little desk that could.  For sale now ~ Check out my All Mimsy FB page if you're interested in joining the new trend this fall :)

Labels: ,